If you read my post on Top 10 Places in London To Eat For A Special Occasion you’ll know London has some amazing restaurants if you want to treat yourself or loved one. London has so many great restaurants in fact, that leaving it at the top 10 was just completely impossible which is why it was absolutely necessary to write this follow-up. Before we get to even more suggestions of great places to eat in London for a special occasion, here are three fundamentals to think about when picking one.
So, first things first. What type of evening are we going for here? Do you want a super high-end venue where you can propose to someone? or just somewhere modest but still nice for a thank you dinner? Gage what type of vibe it needs to be first and go from there.
Willing to travel for that perfect place? or you’d prefer to stay closer to home? Consider where it is, what the areas like and what there is to do around there afterwards if you want to carry on the evening in a bar or a romantic walk.
Finally, that dreaded question but one we have to consider is how much do you want to spend? The good thing about London is there are loads of awesome places to suit every budget and you don’t have to compromise on quality.
So, along with what I think are the Top 10 Places to Eat in London for a Special Occasion, here are another load of suggestions to suit all occasions and all budgets.
If You’re looking for Beautiful & Affordable
Pocket friendly Italian pasta & wine bar. Modern and chic interior.
214 Bermondsey St, Bermondsey, London SE1 3TQ, https://www.flourandgrape.com
Affordable but trendy steak & chips.
Various Locations, https://flatironsteak.co.uk
Italian pasta, small plates & wine. Sit at the counter and watch the chefs at work.
Famous Italian pasta bar with smaller portions made for sharing.
6 Southwark St, London SE1 1TQ, https://www.padella.co
Fantastic British small plates for sharing with a large wine collection.
220 St Paul’s Rd, Highbury, London N1 2LL, https://www.lindenstores.co.uk/
Here are some further suggestions…
- Pastaio – Casual and affordable pasta sitting at sharing tables.
- Duck & Waffle Local – Modern European with focus on duck inspired dishes.
- Emelia’s Pasta – Elegant Italian
If You’re looking for Something A Bit Different
Modern Indian restaurant famous for their breakfast but also do a great evening menu.
Various Locations, http://www.dishoom.com
Refined Burmese cuisine in one of London’s trendiest areas, Shoreditch.
58 Bethnal Green Rd, Shoreditch, London E1 6JW, https://lahpet.co.uk
Spanish tapas with a difference.
1 Westgate Street, London E8 3RL, https://www.brightrestaurant.co.uk
Inventive modern Indian cusine made for sharing.
4 Duchess Walk London SE1 2SD, http://www.gunpowderlondon.com
Portuguese small plates and wine.
35B, Arch, 85B Southwark Bridge Rd, London SE1 0NQ, https://www.bardouro.co.uk
Here are some more suggestions…
- Hopscotch – Iranian tapas with a cool basement bar.
- Brother Marcus – Trendy sharing plates with Middle Eastern influence.
- Temakinho – Colourful sushi inspired by Brazil.
- Suvlaki – Greek sharing plates
- Kazu – High end Japanese food
- Senor Ceviche – Peruvian food with traditional cocktails.
If You’re looking for Elegant & High End
Elegant Italian doing salt water pizza and homemade pasta dishes.
44-46 Southwark St, London SE1 1UN, https://www.overuk.com
The high end sister restaurant to Padella (another on in this list). Italian food and wine.
300-302 St Paul’s Rd, Highbury East, London N1 2LH, https://www.trullorestaurant.com/
An old fashioned French restaurant with only one thing on menu – their famous steak & frites with their special sauce.
Various locations, www.relaisdevenise.com/
Traditional British restaurant famous for their meat trolley. ServesBritish classics. Lots of history and ceremony.
100 Strand, London WC2R 0EW, https://www.simpsonsinthestrand.co.uk
One for the meat lovers. A fantastic chophouse serving great British cuts of meat and fantastic cheesecake.
Various Locations, https://theblacklock.com
Here are some more suggestions…
- Pachamama – Popular Peruvian restaurant in underground basement.
- Macellaio RC – Meat eaters paradise.
- St Pancras Champagne Bar – Swanky champagne bar in London’s most beautiful train station.
- The Waterhouse Project – A high end supper club in East London hosted by a michelin trained chef.
- Holborn Dining Rooms – British restaurant inside 5* Holborn Hotel.
- Bernadi’s – Chic Italian behind London’s busiest shopping street
- Bancone – Italian pasta and wine bar in Covent Garden.
Wait! Before you go…
Don’t forget to check out my Top 10 Places in London To Eat For A Special Occasion