If you didn’t already know my name is Charlotte and I’ve been writing on my blog NOTSOBASICLONDON for the last 3 years. While these pages are mostly filled with food and my love for it, I thought it was about time you got to know a bit more about the person behind the screen – both food and non-food related! Then we can get back to the important stuff you know … like pizza and pancakes 🙂
- I’m originally from Wales.
- I moved to London 7 years ago on Friday 13th.
- Apart from food, theatre is my other love!
- I work for a theatre ticketing and production company in London’s West End.
- My favourite food in the world is Indian.
- My real favourite food is baked beans on toast.
- Colin Firth is my ideal man.
- I love the moon, astrology and star signs. I’m quite spiritual. A ‘everything happens for a reason’ kinda gal!
- I’m single.
- My biggest achievement so far is helping open a theatre in New York.
- The scariest moment so far is having my appendix removed.
- I can tap dance.
- I struggle with body confidence.
- I once met the Spice Girls and was so star struck I couldn’t speak.
- My life goal is to be a mermaid.
- Breakfast is my favourite time of day and pancakes are my go to dish.
- I have Trypophobia. Google it and you’ll think I’m a weirdo.
- Moulin Rouge is life.
- I’m going to get the courage to get a tattoo. (I’ve been saying this for the last year)
- If I won the lottery, helping homelessness would be at the top of my list.
- I have one sister who’s 9 years older than me.
- I’m growing my hair. It’s very long.
- I designed the ticket for the Harry Potter and The Cursed Child play.
- To my surprise, my hot chocolate video went viral and had millions of views. See it (and me) here.
- The picture above was taken in Australia at a wine festival and I’m a bit drunk. Haha.
- I can say Wales’s longest place name ever. (It’s a train station!) Llanfairpwllgwyngythgogerchgwyndrobellllantisiliogogogoch.
- Always pizza over pasta.
- Breakfast at Tom’s Kitchen was the first meal in London that made me fall in love with food.
- Hawksmoor was the second. It’s still one of my top places I’d recommend.
- London is my favourite place in the whole world. Genuinely.
Now, enough about me … back to the Nutella 😉
Wait! Before you go…
You might also be interested in Why The Diet Culture Sucks – & Why I’ll Never be Part Of It Again!