If you didn’t already know my name is Charlotte and I’ve been writing on my blog NOTSOBASICLONDON for the last 5 years. While these pages are mostly filled with everything you need to know about visiting London, I thought it was about time you got to know a bit more about the person behind the screen – Then we can get back to the important stuff you know … like pizza!
- I’m originally from Wales.
- I moved to London 8 years ago on Friday 13th.
- My favourite food in the world is Indian food.
- My real favourite food is baked beans on toast.
- Colin Firth or Paul Rudd are my ideal men.
- I love the moon, astrology, fortunes and star signs. I’m quite spiritual. A ‘everything happens for a reason’ kinda gal!
- I work for a theatre ticketing and production company in London’s West End.
- I’m obsessed by ASMR (Google it, you might think I’m weird lol)
- My biggest achievement in life is when I helped open a theatre in New York.
- The scariest moment so far is having my appendix removed.
- I can tap dance.
- I struggle with body confidence.
- I once met the Spice Girls and was so star struck I couldn’t speak.
- My life goal is to be a mermaid.
- Breakfast is my favourite time of day and pancakes are my go to dish.
- I have Trypophobia. Google it and you’ll think I’m even more of a weirdo.
- Moulin Rouge is my absolute favourite film.
- I’m going to get the courage to get a tattoo soon (I’ve been saying this for the last year)
- If I won the lottery, helping homelessness would be at the top of my list.
- Theatre is my true love! I have seen hundreds of shows!
- I have one sister who’s 9 years older than me.
- I suffer with restless leg syndrome (yes, really it’s a thing!)
- I designed the ticket text for the Harry Potter and The Cursed Child play.
- To my surprise, my hot chocolate video went viral and had millions of views. See it (and me) here.
- The picture above was taken in Australia at a wine festival and I’m a bit drunk. Haha.
- I can say Wales’s longest place name ever. (It’s a train station!) Llanfairpwllgwyngythgogerchgwyndrobellllantisiliogogogoch.
- Always pizza over pasta.
- Breakfast at Tom’s Kitchen was the first meal in London that made me fall in love with food.
- Hawksmoor was the second. It’s still one of my top places I’d recommend.
- London is my favourite place in the whole world. Genuinely.
Now, enough about me … back to the Nutella 😉
Wait! Before you go…
You might also be interested in Why The Diet Culture Sucks – & Why I’ll Never be Part Of It Again!