Keep reading for 12 Fun Ways To Spend A Day Out in London.
Are you stuck for ideas of how to spend a great day out in London? Well, you’re in good hands because I love nothing more than helping people plan fun days in the city. From my own experiences in London, I have 12 brilliant suggestions of how you can spend a great day in London.
Before I give you 12 ways to spend a great day in London you might want to check out my London trip planning services. In a 30-minute video call, we will discuss your requirements for your trip to London and I will put together a mini-guide for you with lots of ideas of things to do, see and eat, completely personalised to you and your needs and interests. Find out more about my London trip consultations here.
Here are 12 Fun Ways To Spend A Day Out in London.
12 Fun Ways To Spend A Day Out in London
1. Have brunch at The Barge House – Walk down the Regent’s canal towards Angel – Exit at Angel and have a wander through Camden Passage – Stop for cake at Kipferl or dinner at Brother Marcus – Have a free comedy night at Angel Comedy Club.
2. Explore Camden Market – Walk down the Regent’s Canal, past London Zoo & Primrose Hill or take a canal boat from Camden towards Little Venice – Stop at Portobello Market – Watch a film at The Electric Cinema
3. Have a proper English fry up at The Regency Cafe – hop on the Victoria line tube to Victoria – Walk towards Buckingham Palace – Watch the Changing of The Guard – Feed the ducks at St James’s Park – Head down Whitehall towards The House of Parliament stopping off at the Churchill War Rooms.
4. Start at the Southbank – Walk along the river past the London Eye, past the Southbank Centre and The National Theatre – Continue walking down Bankside admiring the view, past ‘The Poem Man’ who will write you a poem about anything – Stop at the viewing gallery of the Tate Museum– walk towards London Bridge & wander through Borough Market
6. Walk around Hampstead Heath and see the view of London from Parliament Hill – stop at Karma Bread for coffee and cake – Take a tour of Highgate Cemetery (Where George Michael and Karl Marx are buried)
7. Do a spot of shopping on Chelsea’s famous King’s Road – stop for cake at Peggy Porschen or French delicacies at Aux Mervellieux Fred– Visit the Natural History Museum, V & A or Science Museum – Stop for burgers at Honest Burger or pizza at Franco Manca.
8. Have brunch at Ask For Janice – Explore Leadenhall Market (weekdays only) – Watch a court case at the Royal Courts of Justice – See lots of London landmarks at once by standing on Millennium Bridge – Sit in the choir at one of St Paul’s Cathedral evening services.
10. Head to West London’s leafy area of Chiswick and eat America style brunch Outsider Tart – Wander towards Chiswick riverside – Walk down the river towards Hammersmith taking in the amazing houses and stop off at one of the many riverside pubs for a pint.
11. Eat Indian style brunch at Dishoom in King’s Cross’s Coal Drops Yard or brunch at shabby chic cafe Half Cup– Explore the shops of Coal Drops Yard– Visit Harry Potter’s platform 9 & ¾ and have your picture taken – Take in the history at the British Museum
12. Head early to Broadway Market – Take a walk to Hackney City Farm to see the animals – Stop by Columbia Road Flower Market to buy a plant or some flowers – Eat a dinner of amazing pasta at Pophams.
I hope you enjoyed my blog on 12 Fun Ways To Spend A Day Out in London.